Everything you need to be your most beautiful self.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tips: Early Morning Workouts

I know that if you're like me, you hate waking up early.  Especially if I know I'm getting up early to spend an hour or so in the gym.  It sucks initially but, it's awesome in the long run because you're already awake and ready to get on with your day.  Since I don't like it so much, I have come up with a few tips that can make waking up for an early morning workout easier.

1.  Sleep in your workout clothes:  I know that I have done this a few times and it really helps knowing that when I get up I am already ready for my workout.  It takes away the hassle of picking out something to wear while you're half asleep.

2.  Don't hit the snooze button:  This is the hardest part for me because I am all for getting that extra five minutes of sleep.  Just resist the urge and get up right when your alarm goes off.  This will stop you from putting it off until later in the day because you slept an extra hour.

3.  Eat something light:  I always like to eat something small in the morning before I go workout.  I am one of those people who are hungry as soon as I wake up so I have to have something before I go.  I normally limit it to something light so I won't cramp up or feel sick during my workout.  Eat something like a grapefruit or yogurt to get you going.

4.  Hydrate:  Don't drink the coffee! I know it's hard because I love to have multiple cups of coffee in the morning but, if you are working out it is better to go with a water instead.  Hydrating your body will do more for you throughout your workout than a coffee will.

5.  Have a workout buddy:  Working out with a friend can drastically change your results.  If you workout with a friend you can motivate each other throughout your workout.  It also helps so that you can make sure each other wake up on time and don't skip the workout.  Just make sure that you guys are helping each other and not hurting each other.

Be sure to comment below and tell me what you do to make sure that you wake up for your morning workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment