Everything you need to be your most beautiful self.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Naked 3 Palette Swatches

For my birthday, Josh bought me a few things from Ulta that he picked out on his own.  I was really excited because one of them happened to be the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay.  I have been eyeing this palette for a while but, there are also other palettes (like limited edition ones) that I went ahead and bought instead.  All in all, I am very happy with my birthday gifts and I thought I would share the swatches and give my thoughts on the palette as a whole.  I figured if some of you are on the fence about getting the palette like I was, this can give you a better idea of what you would be getting and decide from there.


So the palette has the same type of packaging as the Naked 2 palette which I really like.  A lot of people have been complaining that the packaging cracks on the binding but, I think if you don't fold the mirror behind then it should be fine.  I really like that the palette snaps shut; it makes it a lot easier to travel with and it ensures that your shadows won't break.  Overall, I really like the rose gold packaging, I think it is really cute and sort of stays with the whole theme of the palette.



Next, let's talk about the brush that it came with.  It is a double ended brush that comes with it just like the Naked 2 I believe.  One side is a flat shader brush and the other is a denser blending brush; it sort of reminds me of a Sigma e35 brush. They are both dual fiber brushes and are very soft in texture.  I think that the flat brush will be really good for packing on a lot of pigment and the blending brush will be good for putting more precise color in your crease without blending it out too much.




Now, for the shadows!  The names are all really cute on these shadows just like most Urban Decay shadows.  All of these shadows have sort of a rose gold color to them in some way.  I think that these colors are great to get a really nice sultry date night eye look but, you can also use these to get a very light daytime eye look as well. There is a good mix of shimmery and satin shades but, you also get those great matte blending colors for your crease too.  They all feel very creamy when swatched but, I noticed a few of the shimmery shades did have some fall out. Overall, the shadows are very pigmented and I think I will be getting a lot of use out of this palette.






 Shades for left to right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

I definitely recommend getting this palette if you have not already.  There are so many looks that you can do with this and I think that they will all be very flirty and fun!  I can't wait to do a look with this and I will put up a tutorial in the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment